Saturday, October 30, 2004

Stories of frustration and plans gone awry!

After wrangling last night to add pictures--unsuccessfully--and a link--unsuccessfully--I'm wondering if I am ready for this part of the 21st century after all. It's all quite odd; I've become fairly proficient with computers and the online world, yet can't send a photo to the blog? I try to create the hotlink and all I get is text? Perhaps the learning curve for this is just a bit higher than I might have thought at first. No matter. After this long weekend off work, I'll be back in the rush of work and life, and time for such self-absorption will be gone!

Driving around in the dark last night to deliver Taylor and a friend to a party, I drove over the small stone bridge just outside town. If the weather cooperates at all today, I hope to go and photograph that bridge. I fear it may be gone before much longer, only a memory in the minds of locals. There was such a bridge on Highway M until about 10 years ago, when that one was replaced with yet another anonymous guardrail bridge that could be anywhere. The skies are dark and looming at the moment, much like the rest of this school break, but hopefully between storms, I can do my photo shoot. Hopefully, between frustrations, I can also figure out how to get photos here and share my work. And dare I dream? Maybe it will clear enough that I can still do my long-awaited hike in the bluffs without fear of slipping and sliding in the mud?

If nothing else, Dick has returned with the movie "Big Fish," one I've been wanting to see. As usual, I've already read the book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home