Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Just a friendly reminder......

If you live anywhere near the LaCrosse area and need something to do this weekend, may I suggest taking in the Third Annual Storytelling Festival in Pettibone Park this Friday and Saturday? Featured tellers are Celia Farran, Teju and Kevin McMullin, all of whom I highly recommend. But wait! There's more!

Friday night from 6-9pm or thereabouts, enjoy a Ghosting, with stories by Celia and several local tellers. I'll be telling "The Vampire Skeleton" between 7:30-8:00. The stories start light and get creepier as the night goes on. Mine can be adjusted up or down in goriness, depending on the audience, thus my mid-way placement on the lineup.

Saturday morning there will be several workshops, including one I'll be offering with Jen Maggio, on telling stories with puppets and string. In the afternoon, I'll be telling in both the children's tent and the main tent. But wait! There's more!

Saturday evening, the featured tellers will be performing the final concert of the festival. In between all this excitement, you can enjoy the music of Teresa Roellich or Amadans, peruse the sales displays and enjoy a meal in the lovely gazebo in the park. The forecast promises lovely early fall weather, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the riverboats pass by in the background. Sounds like the makings of a perfect day to me. But wait! There's more!

This sounds like it couldn't get any better, but it does. The festival benefits the LaCrosse Citizen Advocacy program. Lovely weather, river vistas, good food, good friends, good stories, good cause. Hope to see some of you enjoying it!

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Gwyn, sounds like a fun weekend. I wish I could see you "work" sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home